Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2019

How to Do Cardio at Home

Two important updates:

I got a set of hanging ab straps after finding a recommend option here: Best Hanging Ab Straps – Top 2 Recommendations


Secondly, I always wondered what could replace the all famous hill sprints and basic sprints when it comes to high intensity cardio.

Then I found an article online: "Get a Good Cardio Workout at Home – Best 3 Alternatives to Slow Cardio"

I was total inspired. It gave me a few ideas, so I decided to put out my sample cardio exercise routines I'm going to try out at home without getting out for the usual run.

How to do cardio at home with Tabata

As the article suggests, you choose to 2 to 3 dynamic movements and perform each at high intensity for 20 seconds with a rest period of 10 seconds. This has to be done for a total of 8 rounds.

That is a total of 4 minutes.

WHAT? 4 minutes and cardio complete?

Not exactly. I did more reading, and here's what I understood from the 4 minute concept.

4 minutes can only replace 60 minute cardio if done at maximum intensity. You can be slow or lazy. You have to give it your best. The exercises you choose should help you perform at your maximum lung capacity.

Here's my recommendations with this regard:

Total body extensions
Box jumps
Running in place

I decided to make it more interesting by performing each exercise for 4 rounds. Thats a total of 12 rounds (6 minutes protocol)

I've never felt more alive - literally veins popping out of my forehead! Where has this been all my life?

"Feeling outdated" :(

How to do cardio at home with MRT

MRT, also known as Metabolic resistance training is basically bodyweight circuits done in a format that blows your lungs away.

Here's a great MRT type workout I found online. I am going to share this with a lint to the respective site owner to keep things fair.


Repeat this circuit for a total of 2 to 3 rounds and you will be totally wiped. It should be done fast enough to not feel like a replacement for your existing workout.

It can be done in a slow and controlled fashion for 2 to 3 rounds to replace your existing workout as well.

That's how effective MRT training can be. It's not just your every day replacement to get a good cardio workout at home - it can be THE entire workout by itself.

I like to make things spicy, so I'm going to add a small set of hanging leg raises to end each workout with. Why you ask? I'm just so excited with the new & hang ab straps I got last week and summer is almost here - THAT's WHY! 

See you soon, hope you enjoyed this article on getting a good cardio workout done at home.
Share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.